01 / 30 / 23
Monthly Wrap-up, Jan 2023
- Launched Denver Tech Social Club
- Launched Denver Tech Community
- Met a handful of new folks by saying yes to more things - random coffee shop hangouts, virtual one-on-ones, and the DTSC game night at TRVE!
- Went to Develop Happy Hour for the first time in years.
- Went to an Avs game with my long-time friend (and Rockies photographer) Kyle!
- Learned how to mess up a couch order, and now we have to wait for a couch til March. Did you know sectionals are described by how you look at them? So... "Left-arm" = arm on the left when you're looking at it, not... physically on the left. Fun.
- Narrowed down some venues for our mini-wedding! (Botanic Gardens in Denver, maybe!)
- Drag Race season 15 kicked off, and I'm enjoying it (Jax and Anetra are my favs so far)
- Absolutely loving The Last of Us on HBO (who isn't?)
- Binged season one of "Servant" from Apple TV and did not expect it to be so intriguing.
- Finished three books, working on the 4th! All of them were fantasy, but I've been trying to punch through the Cradle Series by Will Wight; I'm on the most recently published book (Dreadgod). I tend to focus on a series when I'm in it.
- Personal training is going great, and my weight is stable.
- My personal trainer has me shooting for 180+ grams of protein a day, which is a lot! That's been my biggest challenge this month.
- My dad got a successful knee surgery, which should help him out a lot!
Favorite things this month:
- Wishy Washy station on Apple Music
- Elden Ring
- My Kindle Oasis from Jana
- Generous free plans from apps like Orbit.love, SendGrid, and Airtable
- Meeting new people
- Friends who spontaneously invite you to Avs games 🤗