03 / 01 / 23
Monthly Wrap-up, Feb 2023
- Is sitting here wondering where the hell February went
- Launched a Meetup group for Denver Tech Social Club
- We toured the Botanic Gardens and realized they don't want our money (lol), so now we're planning a simpler wedding, maybe just at a park with a bigger party after.
- We spent more nights out watching Drag Race at various bars around the city with friends.
- Learned that I shouldn't trust myself with taxes when they get a little complex. I went with H&R block and reduced what I owed during self-filing by over 50%.
- Received very thoughtful and positive performance reviews for work!
- We got our new couch, the one that I managed to goof the order on up last month, in a bit early, and it's wonderful.
- Managed to punch through two books - the last book from the Cradle series and The Blacktongue Thief (which I loved, go read it!)
- Finally picked a book to read that didn't involve goblins or spaceships and started it up: Engineering Management for the Rest of Us by Sarah Drasner.
- Got super excited that Carnival Row season two came out, and then I quickly realized that many years between seasons makes it hard to get back into a show.
- Bumped my personal training up to three days a week, and I'm stoked to start focusing in on specific muscle groups. Come on buff Dan, I know you're in there somewhere.
- On the last day in February, I wandered back into Destiny 2 since Lightfall launched. Looking forward to space adventures again!
- Started struggling a bit near the end of the month with the question of"where am I using my time?" and decided March is going to be a bit of a reset month like the one I took in August last year.
Favorite things this month:
- Our new couch
- Thoughtful conversations with Jana
- Friends who invite you out to watch Drag Race at random bars
- Working with people who genuinely respect and appreciate you, and whom you respect and appreciate in turn